Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Way Past Time to Get Psyched for Mayweather-Hatton















Floyd Mayweather Jr. is universally considered the greatest pound-for-pound for fighter in the world. The owner of my gym called him a "prodigy." He is undefeated (38-0, 24 KOs) and currently holds the WBC Welterweight title.
Frankly, the most impressive footage I've seen of Mayweather are these two videos of him training:






Make sure you watch the second video even if you get bored with the first one. It's some raw shit.

Mayweather is cocky as fuck, but it's hard to argue with his skills.

As of the September issue of The Ring magazine, Ricky Hatton is ranked 8th on their list of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, which is a pretty big deal. He's from Manchester, England, has held 4 belts in 2 different weight classes, and is also undefeated with a record of 43-0 (31 KOs).

He's known as one of the hardest body punchers in the business, illustrated here in his most recent fight, facing another great fighter, Jose Luis Castillo:



The video's a little choppy in places, but it's worth watching. You really don't see that in boxing very often, especially for a KO. In fact, I think that was the first KO of Castillo's career. There's a rumor that Hatton broke 4 of Castillo's ribs with that punch.

To be honest, I'd never heard of Ricky Hatton before now, but I gotta say, HBO has been doing a great job of promoting this fight, and they've got me excited. I've never shelled out for Pay-Per-View before, but I think I'm gonna have to this time. Hatton is definitely the underdog, and has a way better personality, so I'm kind of rooting for him, but you know the fuck what? December 8th, may the best fighter win.

No comments: